Sunday, July 15, 2007

Friendship Day Party


Richer than chocolates
Cooler than ice cream
Sweeter than strawberries
Dessert for my soul.........
..........is all that describes your friendship.



The most cherishable moment of your life is when you meet old friends. You realize how much you have been missing them and having them around will remind you, of all those golden moments that you spend together. I am still trying to stick to my new year's resolutions. I am arranging a reunion party on this Friendship day.


Yesterday, I called up Natalie and Jason, they are coming to town and now we have another good reason to celebrate. I have a huge basement which I'm going to decorate with the best materials possible and also have the plans to get flowers (synthetic I guess)and ribbons. Amy will be doing the decoration. There is a friend, Ray, he is a part-time DJ and he will get the sound and lights done. Brett is quite busy with his job, so I don't think he can help us anyway. Brenda said, she will be helping me to get the food stuffs. Some of my old school mates and college buddiez are also coming. These are the people whom I got back in some online friendship community. I am sending Friendship Day Ecards to them as an invitation. There would be around 25 peoples all together.


Lately I am really interested in baking cakes and cooking food ,though not that great to taste but the effort matters...So I guess I will be cooking something for my friends, especially for Jason. I'll also get some European Beer for Natalie. So the menu would be: starter is beer with Salmon Tartar,and then lots of red wine with Beef Brisket. I will cook Salmon Tartar, hope Jason will love it....know what I mean;)!! And here goes the recipe for you folks.


Salmon Tartar

Serves 4

Ingredients:

1lb trimmed salmon flesh
1 tbsp chopped chives
2 medium chopped shallots
1tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
A few drops of Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce (Optional)


Method:


Cut the salmon in to small cubes (about 0.08inch); or grind in a meat grinder, using the biggest holes available.
Place in a mixing bowl.
Add the chives, the shallots, the coriander, the olive oil, salt and pepper, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce if you have chosen to use them.
Mix everything well.
Check the taste and correct if necessary.
Serve casually in the mixing bowl or arrange the salmon tartar on plates with a garnish of cherry tomato, chives, parsley, and salad leaves.

1 comment:

Gingr W said...

Now Im hungry again. :D Very nice blog, Cathrina!...

Regards!

-Ginger